(Updated & Revised from Past Jib Sheets by Ron Craig)
(Current Revisions by Rick Banning)
Berlin Reservoir was filled up for the first time in the spring of 1943. Interest in sailing grew around Berlin as formal and informal races were organized. On October 10, 1950 an organizational meeting was held at the Gin Mill in Salem by 12 men: Willard Albertsen, George Brotherly (Manager of Berlin Reservoir), Dave Cope, Troy Cope, Oland Dilworth, Fitch, Ford Howell, Elmer Kerr, Harry Moffett, Joe Pidgeon, Albert Sen, and Curtis Vaughan. The name “Berlin Yacht Club” was agreed upon. The Club was incorporated on November 22, 1950.